Categorized | Multimedia

"Green" Day

The 248th annual (yes, you read right, two-hundred and forty-eighth) St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City gives the world permission to be Irish for a day. The Parade’s first march up Fifth Avenue was in 1762, and this year in 2009, the day is still as special. People came all the way from Ireland herself, Argentina, China, and many other countries to honor the patron saint of Ireland.

Partying begins in the morning. Toasts are made with green beer. Four leaf clover and smiling leprechaun stickers are pasted to most store windows, and there are few who don’t wear at least one article of green clothing.

The festivities kicked off at 44th Street and Fifth Avenue, and bagpipers, bands, and politicians made their way up to 86th St. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade is known as one of the most famous and highly attended parades in New York City, and this year’s parade proved it.  

8 Responses to “"Green" Day”

1. dht says:

I love the green St. Patrick’s day for its abundance of joy and happiness and I am no enemy of its drinking element either, so please keep it up as good as ever

2. Hello friends, pleasant paragraph and good arguments commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by
    these.

Here is my web blog :: annuaire inversé

3. I simply want to mention I am just newbie to blogging and site-building and certainly enjoyed your web-site. Very likely I’m likely to bookmark your website . You really come with excellent articles. Thanks a bunch for sharing your blog site.

4. fake hermes purse forum “Green” Day | NYC On DeadlineNYC On Deadline

5. love it says:

hermes kelly bags replica “Green” Day | NYC On DeadlineNYC On Deadline

6. dj says:

Howdy! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the excellent work!

7. hermes dogon wallet replica uk “Green” Day | NYC On DeadlineNYC On Deadline

Trackbacks/Pingbacks